It’s the first time the weatherman is calling for snow this year so I had to make chili in preparation. Even if the snow never comes we will be nice and warm by the fireplace with our chili!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 oz roll of breakfast sausage.
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 and 1/2 packets of chili seasoning mix
- 1-2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- Optional: 1 can Rotel
- Optional Toppings: Cheese, crackers, corn chips, sour cream, dill pickles (yes, I said pickles)
- Dice the onion and sauté with the beef and sausage. Once meat is brown, drain the fat and add it to the pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and add a couple cups of water (or however much you want depending on how soupy you want it).
- Bring it to a boil, and then turn down the heat and let simmer for an hour or two.
And that’s it! Pretty simple but delicious:) And yes, my family eats dill pickles on our chili. Don’t knock it till you try it!