As a kid I thought I hated pork tenderloins. Turns out, I found a way to cook it and now it’s one of my favorite go-to easy dinners. We buy most of our meet from Costco so I buy the 2 pack pork tenderloin, and put the other in the freezer until we need it. I typically pair it with steamed broccoli, especially the @the_car_mom’s recipe (IYKYK). The last time I cooked it, I finally figured out how to keep it tender (it literally falls apart and is so juicy). I won’t make you read anymore… the recipe is below!
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Honey Mustard
- 2 springs fresh rosemary
- 2 or 3 springs fresh oregano
- 3 cloves minced or grated garlic
- salt and pepper (maybe around a Tbsp of each? You’re call)
- 1 box chicken broth
- 1 yellow onion
Notes: When I’m out of dijon mustard I just use whatever I have. This time, it was a mixture of whole grain mustard and spicy mustard. If you don’t have fresh herbs, just use dried herbs and use more of it.
- Add pork, mustards, herbs, salt, pepper, garlic and 1/2 cup chicken broth in a ziplock bag and marinate in the fridge overnight (I did it for 24hrs)
- after the 24hrs, take pork out and put the instant pot on the Sauté setting.
- Sauté Each side for about 2 mins and then remove from the pot (I hate having to remove it but it is necessary)
- Scrape any browned parts off the bottom and add the trivet into the instant pot (if you skip this step, the meat will burn and automatically turn the instant pot off)
- Add the meat back into the pot, this time on the trivet. Make sure all the marinade juices make it in the pot as well.
- Chop the onion into quarters and place on top of the meat.
- Pour roughly 3/4th the box of chicken broth into the pot. (I just pour it until it touches the bottom of the trivet)
- Put the lid on and pressure cook on high for 15mins, then let it ventilate on it’s own for 15 mins to slowly keep cooking (aka don’t open the vent)
- I usually double check that the internal temp has reached 145℉
One thought on “The Best Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin”
Sounds yummy! Can’t wait to try it.